These grape jelly meatballs are simple and easy, and my family loves them! They pack so much flavor and are the perfect meal or appetizer for any occasion!
What Are Grape Jelly Meatballs?
I know, I know… the name of these sounds totally weird. But trust me when I tell you that even though you wouldn’t usually think of putting these ingredients together, you MUST TRY them. Seriously, not only are these completely simple to make (4 ingredients? Come on!), but they will knock your socks off with flavor. The meatballs become so tender as they cook in the sauce, and the taste that the jelly and chili sauce brings together is savory and delicious.
Meatballs make such a great appetizer for a party, but they can be your main entree at home. I like to add them to some rice or even a baked potato! My son loves to make them into a meatball sandwich! These meatballs not only are simple in their ingredients, but they take about 5 minutes to put together, and then you have to set them in the crockpot and forget about them!
Ingredients to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
This ingredient list is so short and straightforward. Once you taste these meatballs, you will want to ensure that you always have these things on hand! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Grape jelly: This is the base of the sauce and brings the BEST flavor to these meatballs.
- Chili sauce: You can find this near the ketchup in your grocery store. Or, you can use your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Frozen meatballs: The frozen meatballs should be fully cooked.
- Cornstarch and water: This will thicken up the sauce.
- Hot sauce: This is totally optional but add a little bit if you want some heat! I normally leave this out when I am cooking for my kids.
Let’s Make Some Meatballs!
If you have 5 minutes and a crockpot, then this grape jelly meatball recipe will be well worth your time. Filling and delicious, your guests will go crazy over these meatballs!
- Spray: Spray the inside bowl of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add meatballs: Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker first.
- Coat with sauces: Pour the grape jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs. Give it a stir to make sure the meatballs are all coated.
- Cook: Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
- Thicken sauce and keep warm: Once the meatballs are done cooking, add in the cornstarch slurry. Stir and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken. This will take about 3 minutes. Change the slow cooker setting to the warm setting until you are ready to serve them.
- Serve: Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks, or as a meal with rice if you desire.
Can I Make These on the Stove Instead?
Yes! If you don’t have time to wait for the crockpot, these are easily made in a saucepan too. Add the frozen meatballs to the saucepan and then stir in the grape jelly and chili sauce. Make sure that all of the meatballs are coated with sauce. Then, cover your saucepan with a lid and set your stove to medium heat. Let your meatballs simmer for about 10-15 minutes until they are heated through. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
These meatballs taste just as good the next day! Here is how you can store and reheat them later.
- Refrigerator: Once your meatballs have cooled then place them in an airtight container. Put it in your fridge and they will last 3-4 days.
- Reheat: You can reheat these on the stove. Place them in a saucepan and heat on medium until the meatballs are hot and the sauce is bubbling.
Spray the inside bowl of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker first.
Pour the grape jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs. Give it a stir to make sure the meatballs are all coated.
Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
Once the meatballs are done cooking, add in the cornstarch slurry. Stir and continue to cook until sauce starts to thicken. This will take about 3 minutes. Change the slow cooker setting to the warm setting until you are ready to serve them.
Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks, or as a meal with rice if you desire.
Calories217kcal (11%)Carbohydrates29g (10%)Protein7g (14%)Fat8g (12%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gCholesterol27mg (9%)Sodium177mg (7%)Potassium167mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar21g (23%)Vitamin A34IU (1%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium17mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.