This easy Chex Mix recipe is a great addition to your Christmas season!
This recipe is a very basic Chex Mix recipe, but you can add lots of additional yummy ingredients like pretzels, peanuts, or cheese crackers.
Frugal Recipe: Chex Mix Party Mix
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups original Cheerios
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (you can also use low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereals and set aside.
- In a roasting pan (or a rimmed cookie sheet), add the butter and melt in the oven. Remove the pan from the oven and stir the Worcestershire and spices into the butter.
- Pour the cereal into the butter mixture and toss until evenly coated. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the Chex Mix in a single layer on paper towels. Let it cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!